Thursday, January 9, 2020

Lily Silvester- Wednesday

This morning, all seventeen of us woke up at different times, ranging from 5:30 to 10 a.m., to begin our internships! I woke up around 7:30 a.m. to get ready for my internship at BMI.  I left the hotel and began to walk to the subway; however, I quickly became lost. Luckily, I found Hannah and we walked to the station together. I got off at my stop and walked the rest of the way to the 7 World Trade Center. I was very nervous for my first day of work; however, my nerves were soon calmed by the kindness of those I worked with. I met many brilliant people who took me under their wing. After our internships, we had a lot of freedom. We got to explore the city and go to dinner by ourselves. I went to the Vessel, the Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree, and a coffee shop. We all met up around 8:30 to eat cookies and share about our day. I finished the day running in the gym with Clara and Maddy. Overall, today really calmed all of our nerves. We have a better idea of where we are working, what we are going to be doing, and who we will be with for the next few weeks. I cannot wait for the following days to learn and explore the city more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clare Coleman- Last day!

Hello and happy Thursday! Although I am in the midst of packing and dreading leaving NYC behind, I can not help but smile when reflecting on...