Sunday, January 19, 2020

Carter- Saturday

We split up and a big group of us headed to the Museum of Natural History. It was incredible. I saw the space, mammals, dinosaurs, and so many more museums. After a while, we left and headed toward SoHo again. We found this great restaurant and it was snowing so much it was painful to be outside. I got pancakes and mac and cheese and had more trouble with my debit card but fixed it. We walked around and shopped then decided to go to the Whitney. It was composed of such beautiful modern art! I took lots of pictures and even got some inspiration for a lot of my own art pieces! We explored that then left to walk to Chelsea Market. We found another flea market and explored that then explored the market itself! There were so many restaurants and shops it was incredible! We decided to bike to the vessel because Walker hadn’t seen it yet! It was snowing a lot outside but we just hopped on the Citi bikes and biked 2.5 miles along the Hudson River to get to the vessel! Once we passed the vessel and parked the bikes we rode the subway back to the hotel to rest before dinner. I just relaxed then got ready and headed downstairs. The walk to Nirvana, an Indian food restaurant, wasn’t bad at all but it was quite cold outside. I sat next to Cate, Kate, Lily P, and Abby and was so glad to make new friends. I got to learn lots about all of them and became close to Cate. I could tell we were going to be good friends because we have a very similar sense of humor and are both incredibly quirky. I was so happy that I got a chance to really talk to her! We discussed everything from youtube to riddles to jokes and tik tok. The dinner was incredible and I tried lots of new food I’ve never had before. It was a very long dinner and afterward, we tried to get ice cream before we went back to the hotel. But a few of us got lost and couldn’t find out where we were. So we had been aimlessly walking around and found out we were pretty far away from the hotel so we got in a taxi and headed back. I hung out with Gabrielle and Walker which I always look forward to and then came back to my room for bed check. I can’t believe we have less than a week left! I feel like I’m just starting to get to know some of these girls and wish I branched out earlier! I recently became aware of how present I have been over the course of these two weeks. I have not once thought about obligations or things back at home and have truly been living every moment to the fullest. While I’m in New York I really don’t want to and can’t afford to waste any of my precious time on my last Winterim trip!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clare Coleman- Last day!

Hello and happy Thursday! Although I am in the midst of packing and dreading leaving NYC behind, I can not help but smile when reflecting on...