Saturday, January 18, 2020

Taylor- Friday


Today was quite an eventful day for the bears in Times Square! Per usual, we woke up and headed of to our busy internships. Today, I continued making excel spreadsheets that held the affiliates of different beauty magazines such as: Cosmopolitan, Allure, Refinery and over 200 others! For dinner, we were invited to the Harvard Club by Lily Silvester’s grandparents. It was one of the fanciest meals I have ever eaten and all of us were very grateful to be there! After dinner, we had a short, yet very cold, walk to the theater to catch the showing of To Kill a Mockingbird. Although it was a very different tone and setting than the broadway show, Mean Girls, that we saw Wednesday night, I enjoyed it just as much. Most everyone was required to read the book in middle school, so seeing the broadway interpretation was fascinating and extremely entertaining. Throughout the show, I was taken back by the powerful message the plot and talented acting demonstrated. I was very excited to see the actor from one of my favorite movies, Love Simon, whose name is Nick Robertson. He played the character Jim Finch. I had no idea that he was in a Broadway show, so this was a nice surprise! Although today was much fun, there were some road bumps along the way. Some examples are: Gabrielle accidentally slept through her alarm this morning and woke up when we were supposed to leave, my backpack got stuck in the subway doors as I was trying to get on, and my phone went off during the show. These hiccups just make the trip even more memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clare Coleman- Last day!

Hello and happy Thursday! Although I am in the midst of packing and dreading leaving NYC behind, I can not help but smile when reflecting on...