Monday, January 13, 2020

Kate Miller- Sunday

Today was so much fun! Being able to sleep in was so nice and the bus tour was so informative! It was such a convenient way to see a lot of NYC landmarks in a relatively short amount of time. The knowledge our tour guide Richard shared with us about the city was insane and I feel like I learned a lot about the history of NYC. We first went to Greenwich village where we saw the friends house and the narrowest house in NY. It was in the 60s and sunny all day, which was perfect for walking around the village and window shopping. We then went to the 9/11 memorial and Trinity Church, where Alexander Hamilton is buried. After that, we saw other amazing churches like St. Patrick’s and St. Paul’s and learned about Central Park and Harlem. To finish the tour, we went to Grand Central station, where we learned about the history of the station along with some few secrets. For example, there is one area where two people can face opposite corners of the room and still hear each other talking! It was so wonderful to get to learn all these interesting things about the places we went to and I feel like I have a deeper understanding of New York and its history. To round out the evening, Abby Moschel, Lily Presbilinski, Cate Kohl and I went to Ceci, a pizza joint near Times Square. They had an amazing array of different pizzas and toppings it was hard to choose one! I eventually settled with the (amazing) pepperoni and bacon pizza and treated myself to a chocolate lava cake for dessert! I wish I had taken a picture before I ate it but I just couldn’t help myself once it arrived. Both pizza and cake were addictingly good and I am definitely going back another day. Today was such a fun experience and I hope there are more days in New York like it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clare Coleman- Last day!

Hello and happy Thursday! Although I am in the midst of packing and dreading leaving NYC behind, I can not help but smile when reflecting on...