Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Gabrielle- Tuesday

Today was a good day! Taylor and I got up and went to a coffee shop before going to work together. At work, I worked on recording information about products that my company sent out this week into an Excel sheet. It was a little bit monotonous but I love the feeling of being busy and having something to do. Then Taylor and I went to lunch in the Tunnel, an area in the building next to ours with a bunch of cool, up-and-coming restaurants. We sat there and decompressed for a little while, talking about our mornings and our internship as a whole. Then we went back to work until 4, when we had to race back to the hotel in order to have time to get ready for the Harpeth Hall Alumnae event. We left at 5 to go to a little cafeteria-type place where we could all get something different. Then all of us, dressed as nicely as we could be, walked nervously over to the alum event. Of course we had no reason to be nervous, but it was still nerve-wracking, as we would be expected to have small-talk with impressive alums for two hours. I was very anxious about it beforehand! When we got there, I had trouble opening up and making myself talk to people, even people that I knew, because it was such an overwhelming situation. However, after everyone went around and introduced themselves, I had a wonderful time speaking with women that I knew, and even some that I didn’t know. I have had four sisters go through Harpeth Hall, so I had fun finding people that I knew and that my sisters knew. I challenged myself to talk to at least one new person, and I talked to two girls from the class of 2013 whom I had never met before. I had so much fun at this event, and I wanted to keep finding new people to talk to about their experiences after Harpeth Hall. Afterwards, our whole group went to Insomnia Cookies, which is an amazing cookie store that sells warm cookies, milk, and ice cream until 3AM. We all got cookies and went back to the hotel for the night. Overall, today was a great day that I won’t soon forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clare Coleman- Last day!

Hello and happy Thursday! Although I am in the midst of packing and dreading leaving NYC behind, I can not help but smile when reflecting on...